We all have been there when we feel that our rotuine doesn’treally work, but we don’t quite see the value in changing. There are things that have worked for a while but are not working as much anymore. We cannot expect things to stay the same for ever. We have to come to a place where we can expect to make changes in our routine. There are two different ways to go about this regarding our routine. We can change our routine little by little and refine our schedules. This is the fine tuning aspect of changing our schedules. There are also times when we should overhaul our routines and start a new one from scratch. This is more often the case when we have major changes occur in our life such as relocating, changing jobs, going back to school, getting married, having a child, etc. Hera a few ways to know that it is time for a new schedule and rotuine.
- You have trouble following our routine. If you have trouble sticking to your schedule that you once followed closely is a large sign that you need to update your schedule to suit your current situation better.
- You consistently find yourself running out of time. If you don’t schedule enough time to do a task, you will always fall short. This is where tracking your time and making a time budget come in play to help you.
- You are regularly falling behind. If you can’t seem to keep up with your schedule or routine, then you are too busy. This is the perfect time to cut out some things or at least make a plan to cut out things if you haven’t been able to successfully do so.
- You have a lot of empty space in your schedule. If your commitments opened up and your schedule got lighter, there may be a lot of open space on your schedule. if your schedule is too open and does not have enough in, then there is a need for a change as well. Too much free time can lead to wasted time
- There are too many inconsistencies. Sometimes little changes over time end up leading you with a schedule with all different times and it may become more complicated than it needs to be. When this happens, it is best to start a new schedule over.
There are plenty of times where it is good to make.a new schedule. I usually revise my routine several times a year. I find it very helpful to keep fixing and updating my routine because I do find myself not following the schedule when it gets outdated. Please let me know your thoughts regarding changing your routine.