There are many times in our lives when we come across something that we don’t think we are able to do. We sometimes take on something that looks like it is much easier in the beginning than we originally anticipate it would be. In other words we have bitten out more than we can chew. Every one of us feel like giving up some times and we all feel like this at times like this. There are a few things we can do in times like this to motivate us to keep going forward and not give up.
- Slow Down. There are times we want to give up just because we are too busy. Sometimes we are so busy we can’t think straight or sit back and evaluate why we want to give up and what is going on in our lives.
- Change Your Routine. Sometimes what we are doing regularly is not working. Sometimes we just need to do something different that will bring us the motivation that we need.
- Take a Break. While we may need to slow down, sometimes it isn’t a problem with our pace, but rather we just need to take a break. We should always take breaks, even when we are not over scheduled.
- Adjust Your Goal. If your goal is so big or too much at the time, it will do your best to adjust the goal. Making your goal smaller or moving the deadlines back a bit is better than giving up all together.
- Get External Motivation and Accountability. It is an excellent idea to get more help when we need it. This could be a close friend, family member, or even a life coach or a mastermind group if you have the means and it’s an appropriate for the goal.
These are a few of the things we can do to keep going when we feel like we should give up or that we can’t make the goal. Let this be motivation for you to keep going if you are thinking of giving up. I wish all the best in whatever goal you are reaching for.