We all have goals that we want to achieve. In my previous post, you have read about the reasons why you should narrow it down to one main goal. You may be a person with a lot of goals and really are looking for ways to help you determine the main goal. You will see below ways to determine your main goal.
- Your main goal will bring the greatest results. Whatever one of your goals you have that you believe will bring you closest to the life you want is the one you should pursue.
- Your main goal will be something you are excited about. You should at least have a good enough passion to motivate you to keep pursuing this goal. It may not be something you are always the most excited to do, but it is something that you derive a lot of satisfaction from doing after it’s done.
- Your main goal is not easy. If this big goal you are trying to achieve was easy, it wouldn’t be a big goal. It would be done! Your main goal you are making time for needs to be achieved. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it and it wouldn’t be something that pursuing will change.
- Your main goal is controversial. The bigger and greater your goal is, the less support you may actually find for it. More often than not, the people around you will not understand why you are going for something so lofty and seemingly unachievable. You will also run into people who don’t understand what you are trying to do, or think you are crazy (or both!).
- Your main goal is achievable. While it may looks impossible, it does need to be something you can do. If it is something that someone has done before, but you want to do it in a way that is uniquely you, than it is a goal worth pursuing. There is also the possibility that you do have a goal that no one has ever done before. That can work as well, because you can see that practically everything we do in our lives was done for the first time at some time.
Once you have determined your main goal, you can begin to work towards it! You are now able to employ all the tactics you have as time budgets, detailed schedules, along with every technique that you employ personally to reach your goal. Whatever your main goal is, I wish you all the best!